Thursday, March 3, 2011

C4T 2

For C4T 2, I was assigned to follow the Physical Education Teacher, Jarrod Robinson a.k.a. The PE Geek. Mr. Robinson is from Victoria, Australia and is trained in Information Technology. He takes great delight in aiming to engage students in his classes using web 2.0 tools. He states that the purpose of his blog is to "detail the different ways he is trialling these technologies in his classes."

His first post was a video on how to use TimeWarp 4.0. He gives a brief tutorial on how it could be used in a classroom.

My Response:

Hi Mr. Robinson. My name is Samantha, and I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. Although I am unfamiliar with TimeWarp 4.0, after watching your video I can see just how beneficial it could be in any classroom (especially in Physical Education) and/or on a sports field. I found the "tagging" part to be the most intriguing; I could see coaches using this to demonstrate plays, runs, stretches, etc. and teachers using it for just about anything. I will definitely become more familiar with this program. Thank you for sharing!

Mr. Robbo's second post was on the Instant Heart Rate application for the iphone. He just explains how it works and even shared an instructional video. It proved to be pretty accurate!


My Response:

Hi Mr. Robbo! I’m back for another post. Although I don’t own an iphone, I did just purchase the Samsung Galaxy today. It’s just another company’s version of the iphone. I’m definitely going to have to look to see if this app is available for my phone! It is a very cool app for a physical education teacher and for someone like me that loves to workout and run. Thank you for sharing, once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment