Friday, April 22, 2011

C4K 7, 8, 9 & 10

C4K 7
For C4K 7, we were to view Mr. McClung's class blog. I was assigned to watch the video of Josh putting in some work with his yo-yo at the school's talent show, which you can view here (2nd video from the top). He was very good!

My Response:
Hi! My name is Samantha, and I am a student in Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. I was assigned to watch the Talent Show: Josh. That is definitely some talent, Josh! I’m curious to know how long it took you to learn how to do all of that! I have never been any good with a yo-yo. How long have you been doing it? You are quite the entertainer! Keep it up! I hope to see more videos of you yo-yo’ing in the near future!

C4K 8
For C4K 8, I was assigned to a little girl named Amelia. She is a 6/7 year student in Ms. Thompson's Room 13 class at a school in Adelaide Australia. In Amelia's most recent blog post she talked about her new house. She says that her and her parents just moved into it four weeks ago and that she's never moved before. She misses her old house, but her new one is much bigger; it has a three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a spiral staircase and a tennis court.

My Response:
Hi Amelia! My name is Samantha, and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in the United States. I enjoyed reading your post about your new house; it sounds very nice! I would love to have a house with a tennis court and spiral stairs. I do not like moving! We just moved last year, and it has taken forever to settle in. I hope you adjust to your new house soon! I know how hard it can be. Good luck and thanks for sharing! I hope to read an update on your new house later.

C4K 9
Mrs. Yollis' class blog was very interesting. She had lots of tutorial videos and how-to's, some of which were very helpful to me and my blogging. Although her blog wasn't as detailed and organized as Mr. McClung's, I still enjoyed researching it. She did not have her classroom rules, things students need and all of that on there. It was a little difficult to navigate around because there was so much stuff, but I still liked it. I really like how into writing and grammar Mrs. Yollis is. I think by her making the students blog and comment, she is teaching them grammar and writing in a fun and enjoyable way, a way that the students will want to participate. I also really like how she declared April to be Family Blogging Month. This is a fantastic idea and way for the students' parents and family to see what the students are learning in the classroom. Overall, I think it's a great classroom blog, age appropriate and a great way for her students to communicate and learn!

My Response:
Dear Mrs. Yollis and Students,
My name is Samantha Fleming, and I am a student in Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama majoring in Elementary Education. First and foremost, I am thankful to Dr. Strange for assigning us to your class blog. Throughout this semester with Dr. Strange, I have often wondered how I would incorporate technology into an elementary classroom. At the start of the semester, I was convinced it was impossible. However, teachers like you have proved me wrong. Looking at your blog, I am amazed at the ways you have incorporated technology into your 3rd grade classroom. It is such an inspiration to see teachers like you! Your passion for teaching definitely shows in your blog.

Also, I love your idea of Family Blogging Month! Where did you come up with this idea? I think a parent’s involvement in their child’s education is incredibly necessary and important so I love the creativity of Family Blogging Month. I like how you urge the parents to leave quality comments and how other students respond to them.

I will be following your class blog and hope to see more quality posts and tutorials. I have referred to your “Learn HTML” post several times. Feel free to visit my blog at http://www.flemingsamanthaedm310.blogspot.com. I hope everyone has a wonderful day; thanks for sharing!

C4K 10
For C4K 10, I was assigned to Grace in Mrs. Yollis' 3rd grade class. In the post I chose to comment on, Grace talked about a day she spend baking with her mom. She shared several pictres of her baking, the recipe and the finished product. It looked like she had a lot of fun that day! See for yourself by clicking here.

My Response:
Dear Grace,
My name is Samantha, and I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. I love to bake as well! Your cookies look like they turned out amazing. Did they taste good? I have never made those before, but I would like to try them. My husband loves sweets so I'm sure he would really enjoy them. I really like all the pictures you shared. It looks like you had a great time baking with your mom. Do you and your mom bake often? Thank you for sharing.
Love,
Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment