Wednesday, February 23, 2011

C4K 1, 2 & 3

C4K 1

For the first C4K, I was assigned to Jessica W.'s blog. She is in Ms. White's 4th grade class at Crozet Elementary in Crozet, Virginia.

In her post she talks about what she was giving her grandfathers for Christmas. She said she was giving one of her grandfathers a leather sketchbook for him to draw his sculpture ideas in because he made sculptures out of metal. She said she was giving her other grandfather an international farmers calendar because he liked them instead of John Deere and because he was a part-time farmer. She also talked about how she likes to make candles.

My response:

Hi Jessica! My name is Samantha, and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I love the thoughtfulness behind your presents to your family. I think those are always the best gifts to give and to receive. How did your grandfathers like their presents? I bet they loved them! I’m very impressed with the fact that you make candles; that is so creative and sounds like a lot of fun! I would be scared of burning myself. Do you make them often? I would love to see a picture of one that you made!

C4K 2

For the second C4K, I was assigned to Subika's blog. She is a 5th grade student in Mr. St. Pierre's class at Terryville Elementary School in New York.

In Subika's post she talks about heart to heart day. She said that she wore red socks, red bracelets, and a red shirt in support of "Go Red for Women."

My Response:

Hi Subika! My name is Samantha and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. What a great cause and a great way to raise awareness! It is very inspiring to see children of all ages supporting such an amazing cause. I hope you continue to raise awareness for heart disease in the years to come. Thanks for sharing!

Go Red for Women

C4K 3

For the third C4K, I was assigned to Anamei's blog. She is a year 5 student in Mr. Marks' class at Pt. England School in New Zealand.

She started a new blog for her new year of school so she only has one blog post, which was just a picture of herself titled "This is Me." 

My Response: 

Hi Anamei! My name is Samantha, and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in the U.S. I was assigned to comment on your blog for one of my education classes here at school. I think it's so neat how we can communicate with people from all over the world with the click of a button! I like your picture, very cute! You seem like a very happy little lady! Well, it was nice to "meet" you, and I hope to read more about you in some of your later blog posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment